Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Clothes for Macy

Update: I had serious issues with the placement of the photos, but after an hour of trying to fix it I decided to just go with it. So the photos are a little out of place, but you get to see the cute clothes. And, Yes I will take some orders!!! =)

Brandy asked if I would make Macy a handful of new outfits for spring/summer. Of course I jumped at the chance because little girl clothes are so much fun and I rarely get to make them. I ended up with six outfits that I am very happy with. I used a variety of colors, but all can be worn with the pink leggings. I also think all can be worn with a top underneath for the cooler spring days. Once I get these outfits to Macy I will have to get Brandy to send me pictures of Macy wearing them because they don't look as cute hanging on my dressform as they will on Macy.




















The purple outfit above is a nice halter top with capri pants. The fabric is very soft and nice and light for spring/summer. The middle picture above is a cute butterfly skirt. It is not completed in this picture, but I think it is going to turn out really cute. I cut some butterflys out of the extra fabric and sewed them on to the top with some fun stitching from my new machine. It's the first time I have done any appliquing and I think it turned out pretty good. The third picture above is a dress I made from a photo Brandy sent me of a dress she found on Etsy. I am very proud that I was able to make the same exact thing just from looking at a photo. The straps can tie at the neck like a halter top or then can be worn straight back or cris/cross. There are button holes in the back that the straps can slip through to hold them back there. Brandy will have to take a picture of the dress on Macy so that you can see the back.

This is just a normal pillowcase dress. I really like this cupcake fabric. I used a brown polkadot ribbon for the tie. I think this dress looks really cute with the pink leggings. (photo below)












This halter dress is made from the same type of material as the halter top and capri pants above. It's really soft and light. This fabric is really cute in person. I think this dress would be cute with the leggins and a white long sleeved top on a cooler day. (photo below)









I really like this outfit. I love the colors and the way the fabrics go together. I also did an applique on this top. I used a ribbon spool to get the larger circle for the middle of the flower and then I used a thread spool to make the "petals" of the flower out of the second fabric. I think it turned out really nice. (last two photos at the end)

1 comment:

  1. Jordyn, these are all just adorable. You did a GREAT job. I can't wait to see them in person. You should definitely open an ETSY shop. I love the fabrics that you used and from the photos they look very high quality. GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete