Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tote Bags

Kendyl asked if I could make tote bags for the bridesmaids for her wedding. She wanted them to have the black and white damask print that is going to be a big part of her wedding decorations and then each girls favorite color. She showed me a picture of one she liked and we went from there. I am very proud of these because I made the pattern. It's the first pattern that I have made and it wasn't easy, but I learned a lot. I was going to make them and send them to her and then she was going to have the girls names embroidered on them, but my new machine does embroidery so I was able to put the names on as I made them. Embroidery is a little difficult in the beginning but I think I have the hang of it now. I have had several people ask if I could make them a bag similar to these...so once I am done with the wedding stuff I may be making some more bags.

(note: I lost my camera right before Christmas. I figured I just misplaced it since I don't lose things, but it has been 2 months and still no sign of the camera so I'm pretty sure it's gone. =( I have been using my dads Nikon D90 for all of my photos since he was kind enough to let me borrow it until I can get a new camera. But he is in Hawaii on vacation with his camera so the photos are not the best quality because I am using a camera that is not quite as good with indoor pictures.)

1 comment: