Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Parade

Update: Austin won 1st place in the school parade today!!!!!! He won a giant chocolate bunny and a free field trip. Woohoo! I'm so happy for him! It really made his day.

Every year at Austin's school they do a Spring Parade. The preschoolers decorate bunny ears, the elementary boys decorate a tie, and the elementary girls decorate a hat. The kids can do whatever they want to decorate and it is an "at home" project. Then they get to parade around the school and have a fun spring party day. This is Austin's first year to decorate a tie. We decided to go with Cars theme. Of course it involves fabric since I am helping make it. =) I just got some black/white checkered fabric for the background and cut Lightening McQueen out of some Cars fabric. I used some double sided interfacing and ironed it on and it stuck. That made it really easy and it looks cute too! When I finished the tie I decided he needed a shirt to match! So I made him a matching shirt. I designed it and made it without a pattern. There are some things I see that are wrong with it, but for my first time making a shirt without a pattern I think it turned out great! I'm proud and Austin loved it. When I dropped him off at school this morning all of the kids thought he was so cool! =) And just for fun I added the pictures from his other Spring Parades.

Spring Parade 2010
(The back of the shirt has McQueen and Mater)

Spring Parade 2009

Spring Parade 2008

1 comment: