Friday, March 19, 2010

Dress Rehearsal Outfit


I really enjoy making things for other people. I rarely end up making anything for myself. I just find joy in giving someone something special that is hand made just for them. So I told Kendyl that I wanted to make her outfit for the dress rehearsal for the wedding. She had no problem with that. I wanted to make it using the same colors from the wedding just for fun. I wasn't able to find the aqua color in the fabric i needed for the skirt so I went with a different color that i knew she would love. I think it turned out so cute. I almost didn't want to give it to her so I could keep it for myself. =) I will take pictures of her in the outfit because it always looks cuter on a person than on my dress form.

I took the photos before my dad returned from Hawaii so this picture is terrible but the outfit was on it's way to Kendyl so I had to get some photos. I made this flower out of extra fabric from the skirt. It has a rhinestone button in the middle, but you can't really tell in the photo. It's a pin so it can be removed for washing the top. I like how it ties the whole outfit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment