Saturday, February 20, 2010

My First Order & Cute Dresses

I got my first order! Well, kind of. Kendyl is getting married in May and has asked me to make some things for her wedding and for the bridesmaids. So this last week I have been working on stuff for her. When I finish each project I will post some pictures. It will be a fun change from only making clothes.

I found some extra fabric in my stash the other day and decided to take a break from making stuff for Kendyl and try making a "pillowcase dress". Apparently these are big in the south. They are adorable. So I made 2 from scratch today and I think they turned out so cute. What is great about them is that the little girls can wear them as a dress one year and then as they grow they can wear it as a top with leggings or jeans the next year. And you can wear them by themselves in the summer or layer a longsleeved shirt and leggings with them in the winter. The ribbons are adjustable. It took about 30 minutes for each dress. That included cutting the fabric, ironing, and sewing. And all it took was about 3/4 yd of fabric and some ribbon. The pictures below aren't that great, but I wanted to show them. Austin wouldn't let me try them on him and get a picutre so I can't show you how cute they are on. =)

2 comments:

  1. Jordyn these are adorable. What are you going to do with them? Are they for little girls or for you? Have you thought about an Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordyn - Would you like a second order? I'd love for you to make Macy a handful for the summer! Seriously! I've always wanted to learn how to sew well, but haven't done it yet. I'd love for Macy to have some handmade clothes. Call me and we'll talk business!

    ReplyDelete