Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Current Projects

Right now I have a lot of projects I am working on. I need to get these done so that I can start on some new things that I have in mind. Hopefully I can get down to business and finish these soon! When I am working on a project I will show pictures of it on the dress form, but when I have completed a project I will model it or have the person I made it for model it so you can get a better idea of what it looks like on. For the next post I will show a dress I recently finished, a robe I made for Austin, and better pictures of my mom in her jacket. And I am hoping Kendyl will take some pics of her jacket and PJ pants I made her so I can show everyone.

Project #1
This is a knit jersey fabric. I have never worked with this fabric before so it is a new experience for me. So far it is going well, but I haven't done much sewing yet to see if it is going to be difficult. It's going to have double straps that criss-cross in the back. It should be really cute once I finish it.

Project #2
This is a pink satin fabric with a little bit of a gold shimmer. This is more of a "going out" kind of shirt so I probably won't get much use out of it, but it will be cute and I like to try to make a lot of different things.

Project #3
It is a little difficult to see how this shirt will be when it is finished. It will have a little hole in the front and have a rhinestone broach to hold the two sides together in the middle. I think it is going to be a really cute top when it is done.

Project #4
This is a skirt I am working on for my mom. It's a nice flowy satin material. This material is difficult to work with! But it's really pretty so it is worth it. I just need to put the zipper in and finish the hem and then she can model it. =)

Project #5
I have been working on this dress for a long time. It's a soft flannel material. I really like the pattern. The front has the ruffle detail and also on the front and on the sleeves is a pretty sparkly band.
A close up of the ruffle and sparkle detail...the sparkle detail is just pinned on for now.

There is one more project that I am working on, but I cannot show it yet because it is a surprise for Kendyl. I told her I wanted to make her something to wear for the dress rehearsal for her wedding. I want her to be surprised when she opens it. So once she has it I will post the finished project on her for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment